27 September 2009

Vortex

For the past few months, I have been focusing on thematically related ambient tracks. They have been created over long periods of time and heavily composed and arranged. I wanted to take a break from this project and make something more spontaneous that would sounds completely different. I dug out an old unfinished project that used few instances of a granular synthesiser I created in Ableton Live and started to play with streams on grains coming back and forth into the soundscape. I then derived two recordings that I mixed together and augmented with a field recording in the background. Nicken sent me message saying it "sounds like being in bottom floor of a big ship. right besides the engine-rooms. plus water dripping in. creepy." I think that describes this track very well. Enjoy!

<a href="http://static.bandcamp.com/track/vortex">Vortex by Static</a>

1 comment:

  1. honestly, you inspire me to deal with topics i never dugged into before. like microsounds and granular synthesis. thanks :)
    you know as a kid we did dares: how deep dare we to go down in these big ferries. and boy, was it creepy when the doors got heavier and heavier with that big round door closers. so that picture is still very alive in my head. you brought it up again :)

    ReplyDelete