23 July 2009

Oblique

This track started from a very simple custom-made generative device emulating water dropping in an imaginary basement. Something I would play at home as background atmosphere at low volume. I forgot about it and started working on other tracks. A few weeks later, while browsing through my projects, I decided to come back to it and I added more elements like field recordings I had just made in an old and dusty workshop and the sounds generated by an home-made contact microphone. From a somehow dark atmosphere, the track moved into more intimate territories after I added a few distant melodies and a slow pulsing bass. Enjoy!

Content removed

1 comment:

  1. tres interessant ce melange de FR et de desert sonore (vent et sons lointains)... puis ca devient presque abyssale. Serions nous dans un sous-marin russe en perdition avec quelques mechaniciens au travail... Le Kursk? Ca se termine d'ailleurs en un fondu vers le neant...
    (Rodi)

    ReplyDelete