10 June 2009

Asleep

I started working on this track about a year ago and it has been through many forms and shapes since then. It was originally built around a voice sample mixed with some broken-beats, a saturated drone and a few dubby elements. The more I worked on it, the more I felt something was missing and I felt the track wasn't going anywhere. After many attempts to give it more life, I stopped working on it for a few months. Only recently I decided to give a new direction to the track and I used the large amount of loops and sounds I had created to make something new. From the original take, the old elements have been recycled and appear very sparingly, the vocal samples have been processed and buried to give it a darker feel. I am now very happy with this track and it is time to work on something new. Enjoy!

Content removed

No comments:

Post a Comment